Friday, January 23, 2009

Update, Laundry and Head Locks!

We will be fixing or replacing our swing set. Our insurance company is paying for the removal and replacement of the three trees we lost and will replace the swing set too. We do know the beam that held the swings snapped in two, however, until the tree comes off, we won't know if the whole thing is a total loss.

Funny Story...I took the boys upstairs the other day to put away laundry and baracaded them in Xan's room with the launday basket (I let a friend borrow our gate). Brennan did great until I went out of sight. I had to run into the master bedroom very quickly to grab some hangers and I heard Xan yell, "No Brennan, you can't go out of the room! NO Brennan you can't go down the stairs! NO BRENNAN NO!!!!!" Keep in mind, I was only gone for a second and as soon as I heard Xan yelling, I came running. What I found was both boys, just outside of Xan's room and Xan had Brennan in a serious head lock. Normally I would not be very happy about Xan treating his brother this way, but I was sooo happy that Xan was truly worried about his brother's safety and would do whatever it took to keep him safe. Xan got a big high five, a lot of praise and some money for his piggy bank. Needless to say, I got a gate, so no more escaping.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Too funny! What an awesome big brother! :)

jkstrib said...

Way to go, Xan!