Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Visa Appointment

This morning we left our hotel at 7:30 am and then drove to the Garden Hotel (which is on the mainland) to pick up another couple traveling with our group. Our appointment at the US Consulate was this morning at 8:30 am. That all went very smoothly as opposed to our US Embassy appointment in Guatemala for Xan's adoption where I left our passports at our hotel. Bucky and I along with about 12 other families stood, raised our right hands and took an oath that will allow our children to be US citizens once we reach the USA. Rebecca slept through all of it. She has a bit of a rough night last night. At first she had a hard time settling down for bed. She was in her crib talking and rocking and she hit her head on the side of the crib so I put my hand on the crib so that if she did it again she wouldn't hurt her head. Well, she did it again and realized my hand was there and then began rubbing her face on my hand and cracking up laughing. Of course, then I got tickled. I eventually picked her up and rocked her for a little while and she settled down. She woke up once in the night and I rocked her she had a little bit of a harder time falling asleep. Then her nose started running and she is a tummy sleeper and she couldn't breath which made the rest of the night a little restless. I tried to get to sleep on her back, but she refused. So, she was tired enough to take a nap during her Consulate appointment.

Today is our last full day in Guangzhou. Tomorrow we will check out of our hotel at 2:30, but our van that is going to take us to Hong Kong will not arrive until 4:00. So we are going to leave our luggage with the bellhop at our hotel, go to a restaurant for a late lunch and do some last minute site seeing, then meet our driver at 4. We will then drive back to the Garden Hotel on the mainland and pick up the couple I mentioned above. The drive to Hong Kong will take about 2 1/2 hours. We are staying at the Marriott Hotel at the Hong Kong airport for one night and our flight to Chicago leaves Thursday morning at 11:00 am. We are so ready to be home. I can't wait to be home with my boys and my mom.

Please pray for me as I have a million things running through my head that I need to do once we are home to begin getting Rebecca the help she needs. I would be lying if I said this whole doesn't scare the living day lights out of me and if it weren't for the fact that I know that God hand picked Rebecca out for our family, I would likely have already had a nervous break down. There is so much comfort in knowing that He knows what her future holds and He simply is asking me to walk it with her, completely dependent on Him. "He makes all things work together for my good!" Amen.

No comments: